Our experience with managing large tracts of land for agricultural development and production, where smaller margins and efficiency is key, has taught us that it is important to get the quality and work right the first time, but more importantly, do it efficiently.
At BGC, we subscribe to Profile Products 5 Keys to Establishing Vegetation:
1. Understand the Substrate – We soil test to determine soil pH, nutrient levels, and organic matter to ensure sustainable
2. Pick the Right Plant Species – We select plant species by site depending on intended use, maintenance expectations, and
3. Select the Correct Erosion Control Practice – We follow Profile’s Green Design Engineering™ Triangle to select the best.
product based on effectiveness, longevity, and vegetation establishment.
4. Ensure Proper Installation – We install products based on the manufacturer’s specification.
5. Conduct Inspection and Maintenance Activities – Our inspections only begin when we have completed a project. The
obvious post-installation inspection occurs; however, we routinely and regularly visit our past sites to ensure proper
vegetation establishment and erosion control effectiveness. These inspections occur at predetermined intervals and after
significant weather events.